Automobile Technician Mechanic Job Responsibilities:
Maintains service operations by inspecting and maintaining vehicles.
Automobile Technician Mechanic Job Duties:
- Inspect and test vehicles, completing preventive maintenance such as:
- Engine tune-ups
- Oil changes
- Tire rotation and changes
- Wheel balancing
- Replacing filters
- Listen to operator complaints and conducting inspections, repairing engine failures, repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions, replacing parts and components. Use of diagnostic tools and computers.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives, adjusting controls and systems.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs to Service Advisor.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, and performing preventive maintenance.
Automobile Technician Mechanic Skills and Qualifications:
Heavy lifting, dependability, persistence, time management, attendance, independence, safety management, problem-solving, dealing with complexity and diversity, analyzing information and ability to read diagrams, ASE certification a plus, and knowledge of diagnostic tools such as Snap-on Zeus.
Ready to Get Started?
If you want to be part of the team, please complete and submit the form below.